Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bell & Howell Filmo70D 16mm Movie Camera

  1. #11
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oil the ports that the manual state. And one other item; the camera will not run without a lens in the "taking" position. If you shift the lens to focus, you must shift it back into the correct position. This is a saftey to help avoid the dark film from the lab syndrom.

  2. #12
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Michael,

    If you can provide me with any kind of documentation, that would be great! I'd really appreciate it. One question--the camera does accept 100' rolls, correct?

    Tbanks for the ordering info. Is there any online information about that? As for splitting a big order, I'm going to hold off on buying a lot of film, both 8mm and 16mm, right now because I want to pay down some debts that I have. Thanks for the offer, though!

    I haven't received the camera yet. It should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

    Tom

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2003 11:54 AM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Double perf film is great...really rock steady registration...at my old job, i used to film backlit animation on a stand using a modified Mitchell 16mm double claw registration camera from the 1940's...the camera was still going strong 50 years later...the double claw really helped since animation requires exacting tolerances..too bad all cameras aren't like this, it really is a superior system.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Buying double perf is not a big deal. www.yalefilmandvideo.com sells negative and reversal, both color and black and white. Only retailers need to make special orders, otherwise Kodak assumes they want single perf because of the demand of super 16. There are certin lab fuctions that still require double perf. I think it has something to do with printing. Some edit gear may not take single perf either. We all await your feedback on this non-super 8 camera.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member regular8mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tom,
    Yes, it does take 100 foot spools. BTW I also have the instructions on how to load the 50 foot 16mm magazines if you want. Those are here with me and I just got a table for the scanner so I can use it again. No problem about the old booklet, after Easter though when I get back. I'm bringing back my Keystone single perf camera so I can shoot that more plentiful stock.
    I'm not out of debt yet either, close, and dreaming about what to do next. So, I really shouldn't buy a bunch of film either.
    Hey, I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to do on your web page. My own is growing as my work progresses. I'm shooting Regular 8mm H8rex B&W reversal and perfecting exposures with a Weston 715; it's in the bag. Look for the results to be posted this week of a 100 foot roll of Plus-X Cine-X I just got back from Andec. All the shots came out nicely. My first three Fomapan reels have been posted with lots of movie clips linked from pictures or text links in camera shot exposure tables. This is the area on my web I've been active in: http://www.16mmoviemaking.com/regular_8.htm
    Making such a web helps me figure everything out. It is so cool to be able to read a report and click on something in it and see a movie.
    A fast way to make great SVCD files was discovered and now only a tape output needs to be documented and I'll start the film transfer service pages again. Gotta get some cleaner, too. I may get over to Bristol Cine Sales wednesday and pick up some cleaning fluid if any is there to be had.
    Later,
    Michael

  6. #16
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a DR manual somewhere, it's the same controls and oil ports. I'll look and see. I could make a copy for you. There really is not much to learn. there are two indicator grooves for the camera speed. One on top and one on the bottom of the speed dial. There are oil ports inside and I think they are all marked as such. There is also a port on the front of the camera. There should be a chrome piece in the center of the turret. Smack dab in the center there is a pin. You should be able to remove this with your finger nail. Slide out the pin and when you oil here, that will lube the shutter and front movements. If the camera squeals at all, this will fix that. For animation since most of these do not have single frame, the manual suggests setting the camera at the lowest shutter speed. 8fps on mine. By tapping on the shutter button you get your single frame. It really works! DO NOT OVER OIL!! One or two drops per port. Then wind the camera all the way up and let run at least twice to get the oil in the
    proper places. The viewfinder sucks on the DA. But the 20 setting is very usable. the telephoto settings are a drag. I understand why they upgraded the vewfinder on the DR. The DR has one of the best non-reflex viewfinders I have ever used. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll see if I can find my manual. It may take a day or so.

  7. #17
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    The camera arrived today. Photos as promised:

    The camera, lenses, and filters:

    wholekit

    The Lenses:

    lenses

    The Filters:

    filters

    The Adapters:

    adapters

    More to come.

    Tom

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 08, 2003 12:34 PM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>

  8. #18
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Sorry about the soft-focus on the previous jpgs.

    Finally, the camera all set up on my Manfrotto tripod with its two lenses:

    me16

    Camera is operated by a button at the top. Speed control is at the top rear and the exposure controls are on the bottom rear.

    Still looking for a manual.

    Tom

  9. #19
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have located my manual. It's for a DL. If you want a copy let me know. You may want to search somewhere else. This is a photo-copy that I have. When I copy it again, it will look ratty for sure. Send me an email, and I'll mail a copy off.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member regular8mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •